Collagen Peptides for Skin & Joints
Collagen Peptides for Skin & Joints
Collagen types I, II & III in an easy-mix powder
Your body needs collagen for your skin, joints, eyes and more—but collagen production decreases as you age. This easily mixable, easily digestible collagen supplement provides three different types of collagen.
Collagen plays a pivotal role in the structure of bones, joints and skin. But because collagen is a large molecule, it’s harder for your body to digest and absorb. Hydrolyzed collagen consists of smaller pieces of collagen (called collagen peptides). Together, they have the same type and amount of amino acids as a full collagen molecule but are easier for your body to digest and for your cells to assimilate. These amino acids can then be used to form collagen and elastin: two major components of healthy skin and connective tissue.
The vast majority of collagen in your body is type I, II or III.
- Type I—this form of collagen makes up more than 90% of your body’s bone mass and 80% of your skin. Type I collagen is also found in your tendons and ligaments.
- Type II—about 80% of your body’s cartilage is made up of Type II collagen. In addition to the connective tissue that protects your bones and joints, Type II is found in your spine as well as your vitreous humour: the clear gel that fills the space between the lens and retina of your eye.
- Type III—when it comes to your skin, if it’s not Type I collagen, it’s likely type III: about 15% of your total skin is this kind of collagen. Type III is also found in vital organ tissue like your lungs, liver and spleen.
Collagen hydrolysate enhances collagen production
We use collagen hydrolysate (which provides collagen peptides) because it can pass the mucosal barrier in your digestive system, without needing to be broken down into smaller pieces. And that’s not all:
- Collagen hydrolysate provides free amino acids that contribute to collagen and elastin synthesis.1
- The collagen peptides bind to fibroblasts, the major cells responsible for collagen production, and activate them, which results in the production of even more collagen.2
Collagen and joint comfort
Hydrolyzed collagen can stimulate collagen production and help promote joint comfort. A six-month, randomized study of 250 subjects showed that daily intake of collagen hydrolysate significantly promoted knee comfort.
Collagen and skin elasticity
Collagen plays a key role in your skin’s structure. It’s integrated with elastin, the protein that gives skin its flexibility and elasticity—together they keep your skin looking healthy and vibrant. A double-blind study of 69 women (from ages 35 to 55), showed significant improvement in skin elasticity after eight weeks of subjects taking daily hydrolyzed collagen when compared to the placebo group.
Easily mixable powder
Collagen Peptides for Skin & Joints is unflavored, so it mixes easily in water or any other favorite beverage. Get the most out of your daily collagen regimen and encourage healthy skin, cartilage and joint tissue with Collagen Peptides for Skin & Joints!
|Dosage and Use|
We promptly process your order in 1 business day, M-SAT, and ship within North America and the MENA region. We use USPS and UPS for deliveries in the USA with about 3-5 days transit time, and UPS, DHL or other providers for shipments outside the USA with a delivery time frame of about in 5-7 days.
We charge USPS or UPS rates. Free shipping for US domestic orders over $175 until further notice. Flat rates for outside of the US are $35 for shipping to Canada, (We are not currently shipping to Mexico), $35 flat for Bermuda and Greenland for orders above $100 and $95 for the MENA region for orders above $100.
Payment is with a credit card, debit card, Amazon Pay or any other payment service that is offered at checkout.
Curbside pick-up is available at our Nashville, TN office location. Choose Pick up instead of Ship at checkout.