- Physical exercise can induce muscle damage that generates inflammation and with it, burning, stiffness, and pain. The effect worsens with age.
- Standard treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen (Advil®) involves potentially deadly adverse effects, such as stroke.
- Evidence shows that the weave of complex anthocyanins and phenols in tart cherries provides superior protection against muscle injury—by safely inhibiting the pain and inflammatory effects.
- The potent components in tart cherries have been demonstrated to deliver high-level protection against inflammatory and degenerative diseases, including cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
One of nature’s most potent classes of flavonoids is anthocyanins. These powerhouse nutrients are responsible for the deep colors in some berries, fruits, and vegetables. Naturally, like other anthocyanin-rich foods, tart cherries deliver substantial antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity.
The Mediterranean diet emphasizes foods that contain healthy fats like those found in fish, as well as unprocessed plant-based foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds. This dietary pattern provides lots of phytonutrients, many of which have inflammation-fighting properties. In addition, the Mediterranean diet generally provides a healthy ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats, which helps balances inflammatory pathways in the body.
Osteoarthritis is a localized degradation of joint material. It begins with mechanical wear and tear, but inflammatory processes may exacerbate progression as the disease advances. Osteoarthritis typically causes joint pain and loss of mobility. In rheumatoid arthritis (RA), destructive inflammatory processes lead to joint deformation and cartilage erosion. Pain and impaired mobility in the affected joints are common. RA is a systemic inflammatory disease, and it may increase risk of cardiovascular disease and other non-joint conditions.
Fast-Acting Joint Formula combines Cynatine® FLX, Decursinol-50® and Hyal-Joint®, three unique ingredients that work together to support healthy, comfortable joints.
- Cynatine® FLX promotes healthy joint tissue in order to provide shock absorption, while supporting the body’s oxidative defenses. This helps to maintain healthy joint structure and function.
- Decursinol-50® is an extract of the Korean angelica plant and has been shown to promote a healthy inflammatory response.
- Hyal-Joint®—This patented blend of hyaluronic acid, collagen and other glycosaminoglycans lubricates joints by encouraging the normally occurring viscosity of the cushioning synovial fluid that surrounds joint cartilage and supports healthy joint tissue growth.